Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 5-PM

Update from previous post:

So, I managed to get to the pool around 535, when everyone had left.  It was really nice, and the water temp is absolutely perfect.  I did a few laps width wise and convinced myself that I wasn't really so horrible in water after all.  Definitely not any good, but not as horribly depressing and embarrassing as I had previously thought.  Just when I thought life was perfect, this guy who had come in yesterday entered the pool area with his drink and just set there, facing me, saying nothing.  The pool is large (see FB photo), so, it wasn't an issue.  Finally, after a very long and awkward time, he entered the pool.  Since he was with this other guy about Lisa's age named Kevin (who helped us across the river when we first got there and was originally from Champaign), I asked about that.  Well, that was all it took and apparently I am Tommy's new best friend.  I found out his who life story, etc.  23-year-old guys from Kansas must all be very friendly lol.

Dinner was finally called and we were served: buns, zucchini with butter (yummy), vinaigrette dressing with tomatoes green peppers and red onions (super), rice, and a gravy.  All with the same amazing lemonade.  For dessert, we had a granola bar with white icing.  Then, we learned about forms from Lisa and paid for lunches with Mrs. Choc.  And I sat down to blog again!

No comments:

Post a Comment