Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 35- Happy Father's Day!

I woke up to a room flooded with natural light- my bad is surrounded on 3 sides with basically floor to ceiling windows.  It was lovely, but, since I had no exact wake-up time, I didn't feel much like enjoying it.  But, it allowed me some time in bed- awake-before I had to face the world of "are you ok"s.  So, I looked awake when I actually got up out of bed.  The most exciting part of the last 24 hours has been moving into our new residence.  On top of the bigger and nicer space (without a staircase to the top), there was HOT WATER!!!!  I cannot stress that enough- HOT WATER!!!!!!!  As the first one to take a shower last night, I turned on the hot water knob and cold water rushed out as always.  I reached for the shampoo and found that, after a few minutes, the water was hot enough that I had to quickly turn on the cold knob!  Amazing.  It was the first announcement I brought to the girls after showering, and their faces both lit up.

I now have a cold- which is annoying.  But, I know it will clear up eventually.  Luckily, it is my last week!  My worst fear is that I will go into the Department of Agriculture on Thursday and, as I am about to shake the man in charge's hand, I will sneeze all over it.  Haha.

The Internet has been perfect all day- allowing me to chat with people, reply quickly to e-mails, fill out forms and e-mail them for approval, and even keep up with the latest World Cup game!!  *sigh*  Internet hasn't been this good since we first got here.  I heated up a canned lunch and Steve got the meatballs from my spaghetti-o's.  I am almost through my latest novel: Murder She Wrote.  It is very interesting, although somewhat close to home.  There is a murder and kidnapping that takes place on the roads of Mexico by banditos!  Luckily, that is a whole country away ;)

I got a chance to talk to my Dad on the phone!!  The International phone has been shot since week 2, so, we have been calling on the office phone.  I started (and finished) a brand new phone card today.  I thought it was funny especially since it took me the other 5 weeks to work through the 1st phone card of the same amount.  I was also able to chat with my brother today- which made my day as well.

At 4 our time, we have to move Dr. L from her place to another one (just like we had to move ourselves yesterday).  Should be an intense process since she has so much equipment and artifacts she is responsible for.

Tomorrow will be my last Monday in Belize for about a year.  It feels good to be so close to being done on this end.  I just have to get all of my stuff back to Belize (fitting it all into my suitcase will be somewhat of an interesting ordeal......... and then tote it around with me all day, check it in 2 different airports, pass through 2 sets of customs inspections, and then I will be home sweet home!!!  I am missing my family soooooooo much!!  Now, all I can think about is how lovely of a time this has been, but how good home will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment