Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 36- Our final week has begun!

Slow Internet, but, it finally let me access my blog :)  We cleaned artifacts most of the day- and actually accomplished more than we thought possible.  Dr. L was ecstatic!  I had ramen for lunch- I am turning into a typical cheap college student when jobs are absent.  I had worried about my drowned ipod- and then managed to revive it just today.  It was an awesome accomplishment and I now worship the ground my beloved ipod walks on- thought I had lost the poor little dear!

We went into town around 3ish and I dressed up again to impress the Department of Ag.  Steve went with me as a "go get this, carry this please" person.  It was great fun!  We ended up being dropped off at the Department of Forestry, then walking into the middle of town again where the Department of Agriculture is (I ordered my Vegetarian Taiwanese food on the way past) and then they sent us back beyond the Department of Forestry again- out of town basically.  So, when we finally got back to Belmopan, we had been walking for over an hour.  I talked to the people I needed to and got an appointment for tomorrow at 8:00 with a guy who will inspect my plants.  The last major hassle before I get to leave the country.  Entering the US.......well......that is a different matter.  Steve found a wild watermelon on our way back to the city- so, all was saved.  I got boxes for my plant specimens- which I will shortly go back and make sure they all fit!

We got to the tail other end of town where the rest of the group was, stopping at a pharmacy to get Robitussin (yuck, but, it was one of the only brands I recognized).  I ordered orange juice from Perkup and, an hour later, decided that since it still hadn't arrived, I should seek another option.  I had been craving a red Fanta and decided to follow up on that.  1 hour and 20 minutes after I placed my order, the waitress who took it suddenly stopped by my chair and said "oh!  you're orange juice- I forgot.  do you still want it?"  The answer was no :)

We left really late from Perkup since no one was ordering dinner from Banana Bank.  And we got home after dark.  Tomorrow, I will lug 2 boxes around town all day (if I can't get the Department of Ag to hold them for me- and I will beg on hands and kness :) and, hopefully, the result will be good and I will be approved to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment