Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 38- Another day of interrupted rest

We all got up and outside before 6.  But, not all of us left for the field- only a select crew that did not include me.  The select crew did backfilling work and finished up profiling some units.  The crew that remained got to photograph artifacts and label them.  Actually, when we got out at 6, and after the select crew left of course, we went back to bed until breakfast.  Which is where the cleaning ladies found me yet again!  Surprising that I forgot about cleaning day being on Wednesday- haha.  So far, I have been walked in on twice.  But, at least this time they knocked :)

We photographed until 9:30, and then had a break until 11, and labeled until 12, had a lunch break until 1:30, and then worked until 5.  So, basically, a great day :)  I was able to pack up my belongings and get everything ready to go- basically.  I had tomato soup for supper- which is not the greatest thing I could have had ever, but, was full of very deep memories for me.  So, it provided a very interesting reflection.

Tomorrow, we will be going into the field and backfilling 2 more units- these ones rather large.  And then one macho unit- the one that we reopened from 2008.  So, it should be an all-day task.  Then, we have to clean and catalog everything here and at some point wash the work truck!  A big day that will, if things slow or rain hits, carry over until Friday.  But, we are all hoping that it gets all done tomorrow!  Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment